Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving: Holiday of Food

I love Thanksgiving, its one of the only times of year that my propensity to make WAY to much food is considered apropos.

This year I went a little crazy even for me. Today's pictorial post is a bit of the tasty tasty evidence of my insanity.


The dinner menu: Housemade Tofu Roast, 24hr Brined Clementine Glazed Turkey, Slow Roasted Tai Snapper w/ Wild Rice -Date Stuffing, Brioche-Sage-Cranberry Stuffing, Vegetarian & Turkey Gravy, Mashed Potatoes w/ Crispy Shallots, "Brown-N-Serve" Dinner Rolls, Cranberry Gelee

My cooking adventure began on the Saturday & Sunday before the big day, that vacuum sealer I got from Mike a couple years ago xmas really came in handy.


Sealed goodness includes: Almond-Peanut-Sesame Stick snackmix,
Garlic Sage Cashews, Honey Truffle Popcorn, Almond Butter & Cranberry-Cornmeal Cookies &
Homemade Brioche


Homemade Brioche Fresh out of the oven



Housemade Tuna Belly Rillettes w/ Ankimo (Monkfish Liver, the foie gras of the sea) Butter.
Served w/ the brioche, microgreens and truffle oil


Another use for the brioche, mixed w/ sage and dried cranberries for a buttery delicious stuffing.



Tried my hand at making baguette as well. While its wasn't pretty it tasted great.

And paired wonderfully w/ my housemade chevre.



A beautiful sight ready for guests, Not pictured the 2002 vintage Josephine brut champagne.

My take on crudite, w/ housemade chevre dip & truffle-cranberry dijon



The Table is set


Its time for the bird



And of course its not Thanksgiving if your not stuffed to the gills, wanting to sleep but wait wait wake up its time for dessert.


And lots of it.
(not pictured: Allison's delicious apple pie
and my homemade vanilla ice-cream w/ cinammon-caramel swirl.)



It was indeed a day of gluttony, and unfortunately I didn't get pictures of everything I prepared but I think you (whoever you are) get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment