Monday, September 1, 2008

Garden Pics

So Here are some pics of my Meyer Lemon tree and greenhouse -- I realized that as this blog continues hopefully I'll see my photography skills improve as well, which would be excellent cause they could definitely use a lot of improvement.

This first pics is a close up of one of the young Meyer Lemons, there will be lots of pics like this as I monitor their growth.



Here is another pic of the lemon tree, this one is a close up of what I believe may become a slew of new lemons, I have been using a cotton swab to pollinate the flowers since I am growing the tree indoors...



I am unfortunately have a bit of an insect problem at this time. Fruit fly's and ants are loving the bay area right now cause we've had no rain since March. I am however maintaining organic gardening practices so I have been using a sesame oil insecticide it seems to be working well but I have found myself spraying weekly.

For the lemon tree I have also been using an organic citrus food once a month.

The greenhouse is going great, I harvested my first small batch of Italian arugula yesterday and one of the Basque peppers. I'll be having these for dinner tonight on a pizza with my homemade mozzarella.

So far in the greenhouse I am growing Italian Arugula and Basque Piment d’ Espelette:


I am growing Jalapeno peppers, Serrano peppers, Anaheim peppers, and green and red bell peppers:


Zucchini, and Swiss Chard:



And an array of herbs like Basil, Peppermint, Cilantro, Flat Leaf Parsley, Golden Sage, Rosemary and Thai Basil:


Alright signing off for now in order to work on the pizza, if it looks good maybe i'll post the pics and recipe later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment